ProLogue Classic Integrated Amplifier - $1799
The best tube integrated under $2k? The ProLogue Classic integrated amplifier is the latest version of PrimaLuna's first and most beloved member of our family of affordable, high-quality tube electronics. By incorporating the best elements of the critically-acclaimed ProLogue One and Two, the ProLogue Classic Integrated is set to raise the bar, yet again, in high-performance, affordable tube amplification.
The ProLogue Classic Integrateds brings the highest quality parts and protection features at an entry level price:
- Innovative, new Adaptive AutoBias circuitry. By simply flipping a switch, users can re-calibrate the amp for optimum operation of EL34s or KT88s. Every ProLogue Premium Series amplifier can be ordered with either set of power tubes installed. And remember, this circuit continuously monitors and adjusts each tube to run in its sweet spot. No biasing—ever!
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the amp to cool down, then resets itself.
- OTP-circuit. The "Output Transformer Protection" circuit protects the output transformers in the event of a massive tube failure or user error.
- +B relay. Replaces the plate fuse and works in conjunction with the OTP-circuit to protect the amp against tube failure. This method is less intrusive sonically and the relay resets itself once the faulty tube is replaced.
Next, the ProLogue Classic Integrated incorporates all the features of the award-winning ProLogue One and Two Integrateds:
- Soft-start circuit Extends component and tube life by powering up the amp gently every time you turn it on.
- Tube plate fuse Protects the amplifier output stage. Other amps may need a trip to the shop if a tube fails. Not this one. Just plug in a new tube and fuse, and go.
- Custom designed output transformers Encapsulated low hum, wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs. Designed by Marcel Croese and one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA .
- Premium parts . Fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, Alps potentiometer, Nichicon capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.
- Upgraded Solen capacitors and fast-recovery diodes as found in the ProLogue Two integrated for increased definition and detail.
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design parameters: Though PrimaLuna amplifiers are powerful, tubes run well below their maxim ratings. Click here to see why.
"Why don't you offer a remote?" Click here to find out.
Connecting a subwoofer? Click here for info.
Integrating your PrimaLuna into your home theater system? Click here to find out.