ProLogue Premium CD Player - $3799
Revolutions are born in bold ideas
In true PrimaLuna fashion, the stunning ProLogue Classic CD Player revolutionized the audio industry by introducing the world's first tube-based data clocking device: the SuperTubeClock™.
By incorporating a low-noise mini-triode vacuum tube into the digital clock, this boldly conceived design provides vastly superior resolution, detail retrieval, improved clarity, increased definition and detail from top to bottom.
The ProLogue Premium CD Player takes this tradition, then takes it to the next level by adding a second SuperTubeClock™. , improving the front-end circuit and power transformers, and adding the highest-quality USB input to allow use of your computer as a playback device, creating one of the most musical, and versatile CD players available today!
The ProLogue Premium CD Player comes equipped with:
- True Dual Mono design using two 12AU7 dual-triode tubes and one 5AR4 rectifier tube per channel. While it is fine to use a single tube as a buffer and claim your CD player is "tube", it can't be compared to the PrimaLuna design and what it does for the music.
- Vacuum tube rectified power supply adapted from the award-winning ProLogue Three preamp that incorporates eleven separate power supply regulation circuits. Tube rectification is synonymous with organic sound, especially with CD players being know as sounding like "a computer"
- State-of-the-art Burr Brown SRC4192 24bit/192kHz upsampling circuit and Burr Brown PCM1792 DACs.
- Two SuperTubeClocks™. An ultra-low jitter clocking device that replaces the solid-state oscillator with a vacuum tube. Yields incredible detail retrieval and dynamics throughout the entire audio spectrum. Why use two? The addition of the second clock further reduces jitter, resulting in greater detail and resultion.
- Highest-quality USB digital input allows using your computer for storage and playback of your music with all the benefits of features like playlists and easier access to your whole music library. Rather than just add in an USB input as an afterthought, PrimaLuna engineers searched endlessly looking for the best-sounding USB interface we could find. We found the hiFace, made by M2Tech in Italy. This USB input converts the jitter-filled USB digital signal to S/PDIF, dramatically improving the digital signal quality before it even gets to the SuperTubeClocks. This USB input is a true high-resolution digital input, so you can play back your high resolution digital files, up to 24-bit/192kHz. Click here for more info from M2Tech's website.
- Premium parts including polypropylene coupling caps, triple pi power supply filters, custom designed isolation transformers which separate the analog and digital devices, Resulting in decreased signal degradation and improved sonics from top to bottom. Many CD players weigh in at ten pounds or less. The ProLogue Premium tips the scales at over 39 pounds!
- Beautiful heavy-gauge anodized brushed aluminum remote control. Controls all important CD operations and will even control functions on the DiaLogue components. Comes with rubber rings on both ends to protect furniture.
- New power transformers. Heavy-duty, dual-mono, power transformers increase control and detail.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this innovative "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the preamp to cool down, then resets itself.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and five step automotive quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished. Removable tube cage included no charge.
- Conservative design runs tubes easy for long life.
Super IV Op amp standard! Click here for info!