Produced by the same team that brought you the world famous Ah! Njoe Tjoeb CD Player (called a "Giant Killer" for its cost-to-performance ratio), PrimaLuna delivers what the others couldn't - extraordinary sound, exceptional fit and finish, and incomparable reliability.
Some highlights :
- Hand made with the finest point to point wiring, with workmanship equal to - or better than - any product you can buy at any price, period.
- Chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel, and a five step automotive-quality finish. Each coat hand rubbed and polished.
- Toroidal power transformer for low hum, and a preamp that is dead quiet.
- Conservative design runs tubes easily for long life.
It gets better with features that you won't find on other amps at any price point. All of those features are designed or built in-house. These enhancements were designed by Marcel Croese, engineer behind the "Product of the Year" winning Njoe Tjoeb. Marcel was formerly the chief engineer of Goldmund, the Swiss company that manufactures some of the most exclusive (and expensive) high- end audio gear ever.
- Soft-start circuit Extends tube life, and greatly reduces the chance of tube failures and shorts.
- Tube plate fuse protects the amp's output stage. Other amplifiers may need a trip to the shop if a tube fails. Not PrimaLuna. Just plug in a new tube and fuse, and go.
- Adaptive AutoBias™ a PrimaLuna exclusive, this circuit monitors the tubes constantly and instantly adjusts the bias to its optimum point as the load on the tubes changes. Improves performance reduces by 40% to 50% giving you a much cleaner sound. You no longer have to use matched tubes or make ANY adjustments. Ever.
- Custom designed output transformers Encapsulated low hum, wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs. Designed by Marcel Croese in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA.
- Premium parts, fully vented chassis, chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, ALPS volume control, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors. WBT style speaker terminals. Gold plated input jacks.